Friday, March 27, 2015

Upcoming Blog Plans

Hey, guys. Opening Day is getting closer and closer, and I had some things I wanted to share with you about what my upcoming plans were. As you can see, I haven't been as active as I'd like to be. Since classes started up it's been difficult to find the time to write up posts. Here's a few things I'll be focusing on:

Standings predictions:

As I did last year, I plan on posting a prediction for the standings for this upcoming season. Although I've only done one so far, it's a lot of fun. It's mostly just a bunch of guessing and it's cool to see if any predictions made turn out to be correct when the season ends.

Season/player predictions:

This sort of ties in with above, but I had an idea of trying something a little different this year and write a separate post about any season and player predictions I had. I'm still thinking whether or not I want to write up a separate post for my Braves predictions (knowing me I probably will) but I'll have to think about it. It'll come down to whether or not I think I'll have the time or not. If I don't, I'll just include it with my overall predictions post.

New blog look:

It seems like only yesterday I figured out how to get the background picture the way I wanted it, and the primary blog colors the way I like them. But I do have an urge to try something a little different, so I'll look around and make a few adjustments if I see any I like. Some blogs on here have much cooler layouts and look very neat, so I'll look to see if I can find one that may be more efficient, or I'll just leave it the way it is and possibly make some minor changes. I suppose it depends, but I'm keeping an open mind. So within the next few weeks, you may notice some changes to the layout, design, features, etc.

Page/tab updates:

On my blog I have pages (or you can call them "tabs") that I haven't updated in quite a while, and by "while" I literally mean IN A WHILE. The only thing I've edited and that's up to date would be the Map Of Sales/Trades page. It's very neat and I've listed all the places I've shipped cards to. As for the other pages I have minimal content, and they seriously need to be updated. There's a few different ways to go about it like list every card I have of a certain player, list my favorites with a total at the top, or link past posts I've made of a certain player. I'm just not sure. Whatever I choose will be time-consuming, so it may be considered a work in progress. I do need to update my Who I Collect/Want List page. Who knows, I may create a new page to separate them, I'm not sure.

Make more trading buddies on Blogger:

I know, it may seem cheesy but I'd really like to get to know others by making new trade partners and interacting with more people on here (after all, that's how people build collections, right?). I've gotten to know a few of you well enough to consider a friend, but it's always nice to make new friends when possible. Although my favorite team is the Braves, I know people that like others teams, too. So whether you've collected cards/sports memorabilia forever or are just starting out, let me know! I love talking sports (especially baseball) and seeing what others consider their prized possessions!

* * * *

You can also follow me @TomahawkEmpire! I've met quite a few bloggers on there already, and it's a great place to start trades. Since I haven't been able to make daily posts on here, it's a good way to keep in touch and interact with others in the sports community.

Anyways, I just wanted to give everyone an update. My posts have been spaced out, and again I do apologize. I'm still getting ideas for new posts and still looking through cards so there's plenty of topics I can write about in the future. The semester is halfway completed, and over the next couple of weeks I'll try working ahead if/when I can so that I can free up some time towards the last few weeks of the semester. I've already got my standings post started and hope to have that posted sometime soon. Keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment