Monday, September 1, 2014

Cards From Florida: Part Two

Here's the hockey cards I got at the flea market. I decided to make two posts to separate baseball and hockey so that I could put an emphasis on each sport as opposed to jumbling it all together. Plus it makes for an easy transition.

As I mentioned in part one, I got cards from two different vendors. The top three cards in the first post, and now these hockey cards, I got from the same guy. Another thing I forgot to mention was that I got some David Wright cards for my brother. His birthday is coming up soon so I figured it'd be a nice little present.

My favorite hockey team is the Ottawa Senators. Yes, I'm American and I like a Canadian hockey team (but that's a story for another day). Along with the baseball and hockey cards, he did have some football and basketball cards. I looked at the football cards but didn't see anything I really wanted, and the same went for basketball. Most of the cards he had were from 2007 and later and that applies to all sports.


These are nothing special, but these are cards I don't have (well, maybe I have one or two of them come to think of it....). The main Senator I collect would be Daniel Alfredsson ("Alfie") because of his long tenure with the Senators. Yes, I know he no longer plays for them because of management screwing it up, but let's pretend that he never played for the Red Wings....

Chris Phillips, as old and slow as he is, has been a Senator his whole career and it's easy for me to choose him as a player to collect. His card is 2006-07 Upper Deck #141.

Chris Neil has also spent his whole career with the Sens, and whether you like him or not, he's still a badass. Does he score a ton of goals? Not really. His most in a season was 16. Assists? Sort of. His most in a season was 17. Points? Decent. His highest point total in a season was 33, which was his "breakout" scoring season where his career highs in goals and assists were set back in 2005-06. His card (top picture, bottom) is 2006-07 Upper Deck #387.

Back to Alfie. Where to start? You could write books about him. It was tough when he and the Sens parted ways, but I'm hopeful for a return (as unlikely as that may seem). I have some cards of his already, and I actually may have these two pictured above (I'll find that out soon enough). Both are 2006-07 SP Authentic #33 (top middle) and 2008-09 SP Authentic #80 (top right).


This is the main highlight. It took me a few tries to get a decent picture. The lighting and angle was tough, but this shows some nice color. This is his 1999-00 Topps Gold Label Class 1 #37 card.

Although these aren't anything special, I'm glad I was able to pick some cards up while I was down in Florida. They were quite cheap, too. I think I spent a total of $5 (including the Mets cards I got for my brother that aren't pictured). I wasn't expecting to get anything spectacular at the flea market, but I'm glad I was able to get something to add to my collection. Plus, it allowed me to write my first hockey post!

Here's part one: http://tomahawkempire.blogspot.com/2014/08/cards-from-florida-part-one.html

No comments:

Post a Comment