Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Newest Smoltz Auto

A few weeks ago I came across a Smoltz auto I've yet to own. Seeing that it was still at a decent price, I picked it up from eBay.

The card is from 2014 Topps Tribute Traditions and is #'d 75/99.




This is the first card I've bought in a while (the last card I bought was this Warren Spahn autograph that I picked up last month). The card has more of a shine to it than I had originally thought. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the background design. Referring back to the topmost picture, the guy on the far right (with his back facing you) looks like he's taking a leak on the baseball field. One thing I do love about this card, though, is that it's another on-card autograph. Usually I'm not too concerned whether it's a sticker or on-card, but who doesn't prefer an on-card signature at least slightly more?

Another thing worth noting is that I actually planned on posting this sooner, but once the sad news came about Tony Gwynn, I kept this in drafts and wrote about Mr. Padre instead. After that I was busy for a little while (also discovering a card for a new post to be written after this one) and finally found the time today to do a little editing and complete this post.

Anyways, I have a few things on the horizon (briefly mentioned above) and possibly something from ebay depending on how the auction turns out, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment