Saturday, May 31, 2014

John Smoltz On The Dan Patrick Show

I'm a little late with this, but instead of a card post I decided to post about John Smoltz appearing on the Dan Patrick Show back on May 15th (both John and Dan's birthday). Below is a video of the show that I HIGHLY suggest you watch. It should appeal to any baseball fan, and is absolutely hilarious.


video

Video from the Dan Patrick Show on May 15, 2014


I enjoy watching the Dan Patrick Show when I can, especially when Smoltzy is on. Every now and then they have John on the show and it's always a lot of fun to watch. While on this show in particular, there's talk about doctoring baseballs, Michael Pineda caught with pine tar, Tommy John surgery, and Greg Maddux pranks.

One of my favorite parts was when John started pulling out random gifts to Dan and placed them on the table one by one:

Dan: "Is this just a clearance type thing, you're just cleaning out stuff?"

Smoltz: "No, this is special stuff, not everybody gets to get this."

And then Smoltz pulls out a Minnesota Twins fishing lure. It was just so random it made me laugh.

My favorite part, I'd have to say, would be when they talk about John's role in Trouble With The Curve:

Smoltz: "I went to the movie with my wife to check it out only to find out it didn't happen."

DP: "You didn't know you got cut?"

Smoltz: "No....didn't know. It was a rough moment...I was a pitching coach for the Atlanta Braves...it was about a thirty-second role and I went to a movie at about 10:30 at night making sure nobody was there in case it got out of hand when they saw I was in there...but it never happened."

Once he delivered the line "but it never happened" I burst into laughter along with John. I had no idea he was going to be in the movie until I saw this interview. I still haven't seen Trouble With The Curve (I'm not sure I want to now), but it was such a priceless reaction from him as he told the story.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Hope you get a few laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment